Thursday, July 22, 2010

Reports Are In - Water is SAFE!

After reviewing the actual test results taken over the last 15 months, I am happy to report that the problem with the water WCID#89 had 3 years ago is now a thing of the past. I will continue to filter my kitchen sink water, though, because I've gotten used to the way it tastes filtered. And the replacement filters are found on eBay fairly cheap. But the more expensive filters on my shower heads I feel confident do not require replacing any longer. HOORAY!

For those who are still experiencing discoloration or odor in their water, please contact me and I will ask the water company to flush the lines. This is more likely to happen to those who live in the northern sections of Brunswick neighborhoods because they are the farthest away from Morningside where the water is stored. Flushing the lines helps, but is a temporary solution. In the future there will be another water storage facility built in Brunswick Meadows and that should help eliminate the problem.

I always just took it for granted that when I turned on the tap or flushed the toilet it just worked. Well, you 'd be truly amazed at what it takes to treat the sewage that comes out of our houses and how complex the system is for bringing water into our homes. I have a whole new respect for the word "infrastructure" :--)

No comments:

Post a Comment