Tuesday, May 18, 2010

AK & Dr Root's Swearing In Ceremony

Although I, Dr. Root, was sick as a dog I dragged myself to the lawyer's office to attend my first WCID#89 meeting as a Director. Once we took the oath of office, the Board decided to elect officers. Sharyn Smalls will continue as President, Arthur Washington will continue as VP, and Byron Keith will be the new Secretary since Victoria Lastee was one of the incumbents that AK & I beat in the election. 107 voters cast ballots and here's the final official tally:
Jeraine R. Root 69 votes
AK Babers 72 votes
Danny Perkins 23 votes
Victoria Lastee 27 votes
So we won by a 3 to 1 margin!
I had asked about putting our concerns on the agenda, but was told I had no authority to do so until after I was sworn in. So, I'm going to keep the poll open on the yahoo group. If you haven't yet participated in the poll, please click here to join our yahoo group and let us know your concerns. Also, visit our Brunswick Meadows blog for a recap of tonight's HOA meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Jeraine and AK, you ran a great positive campaign and you reached out to all the voters. Now your battle is on to break down those walls of exclusion within the MUD #89. Please email hoa4bl@gmail.com if you both can attend our HOA meeting on today, May 25 to let us know how we can help you.

    ReplyDelete