Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Jeraine Root - Qualified Candidate?

Inasmuch as all it takes to be qualified to sit on the Board of WCID#89 is to maintain a residence within the district, I'm fully qualified! However, I think that I do bring a few more credentials to the race. Although I have never run for public office, I was very active in student government from high school through graduate school. I served as Graduate Class President at Stephen F. Austin State University while pursuing my Master's Degree in Political Science.

I also have an earned doctorate in Political Science from University of Houston. I taught government classes at several local community colleges and UH-Downtown as I continued my studies. Therefore I have a very good working knowledge of local governments in Texas.

After graduating with my PhD in 1995 I went to work for Harris County and have been employed there since 1996. This has afforded me personal experience with the practical side of public service. I have been an active member of Women Professionals in Government (WPG) for the past 6 years, including serving on the WPG Board. WPG Social Event will be hosted by Mayor Annise Parker this month and several other female elected officials belong to WPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment